"Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by." ~ 1 Kings 19:11

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." ~ Psalm 46:1

"... Bring my sons from afar, and my daughters from the ends of the earth- everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made. Lead out those who have eyes but are blind, who have ears but are deaf." ~ Isaiah 43: 6-8

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Why???

A question so many, many ask. Think about how many times we here that word in a day.

"Why do we have to get up?"

"Why is the sky blue?"

"But, Mom, why??"



Everyone of us wonders why about things. Different things, yes, but still wonder. I don't wonder about why I'm here, or if God is real, or those kinds of things. I wonder odd things. I wonder things like :

"Why does she do that?"

"Why is he like that?

"Why do we act like that?"



Call me weird, call me investigative. Either way, I wonder these things. Think about it. I wonder why the girl in my biology always lets this one kid cheat off her. I wonder why my best friend always puts on a strong facade for everyone but me to believe. I wonder why my other best friend doesn't just tell someone about what she's gone through. I wonder why certain people act the way they do. I wonder why that girl who sits next to me in 3rd period is known to be a s***. I wonder why one of my lunch buddies smokes. I wonder why my best friend's mom is considered bipolar. I wonder things like that. Why are we the way we are? What's underneath the layers we put on?

I want a degree in Abnormal Psych, I'm not sure if it's even possible to get a degree in that specific area but that's what I want. I want to study the unusal patterns of emotions, behavoir and thoughts. It could be described as the study of mental disorders. But it's not. Yes, I want to study things like depression, bipolar disorder, multiple personality disorder etc. But I want to study our emotions and how and why, I want to help those hurting. I want to study the effects of abuse, rape, and violence on someone. I want to help those who have thoughts of suicide. Those who are at the end of their rope.


So tell me why, why, why?
Why do we forget to keep our hearts safe?

No comments:

Post a Comment