"Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by." ~ 1 Kings 19:11

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." ~ Psalm 46:1

"... Bring my sons from afar, and my daughters from the ends of the earth- everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made. Lead out those who have eyes but are blind, who have ears but are deaf." ~ Isaiah 43: 6-8

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Welcome

Well, welcome to my new blog! If you find this, good for you, maybe something I say might actually help someone, who knows. Now, time for a little introduction.
I'm Kerri, and I'm just another teen blogger. Okay, that's a down-right lie. I'm different, crazy, and down-right strange sometimes.
I don't have an overly keen sense of fashion like some, I'm not incrediably poetic (in fact, I really don't even think poetry is my weak suit, more like down-right horrible suit.), I don't have any crazy emotional things to tell, and I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to romance.
Here's what I do have: I'm a teenager, with three amazing best friends, a good guy friend, another guy who makes me laugh a lot, a strange ability to write song lyrics but they are NOT poetic, a love of writing fiction, a chance at a show choir solo, one 56,000 word manuscript sitting on my desk, a 3-inch binder of stories and ex-stories, and a faith in God that is immovable.
I created this for two reasons, a place to share anything I need and want to, and a place for me to give/get advice. According to my best friend, I give good advice when her and her boyfriend fight. This is probably because I've read more teen dating books than almost anyone. I'll probably put some of songs on here. I'll be very happy when people read them :)
This is me blog, welcome to it :) I'll explain it's title next post. I think I used down-right a few too many times this post... :P
<3

2 comments:

  1. I saw this website address on six billion secrets and had to check it out. Then I went to YouTube and looked up that song mentioned in one of the paragraphs above. It was truly beautiful. One piece of advice that with help with your career as a psychologist is don't be one of those boring ones who says "I gotcha" ever time your patient finishes the sentence/story. My psychologist does that and it makes me so sad because I know he's not really taking in anything I say but writing down another doctor I need to see or another medication I need to take so I'm not crazy anymore. Be the person who goes out of their way to help them, because someday you will see what the world really is and I know for sure that you have only seen the bright side so far. I'm only 13 and have gone to hell and back, again and again. The world(well, the people in it) has done terrible things to me already and I haven't seen all of the world's bad side yet but I soon will. thehelper123@gmail.com email me if you want to know my story. But first...How old are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm suprised someone actually found this blog... in fact I'm amazed. The very reasons you mention, psychologists who don't give a care are the exact reason why I want to be one. Truly help people. I definitly know it's posssible to go through everything at such a young age... I'm almost 15. I hope that being only a little older than you doesn't make you think any less of me... or more.

    ReplyDelete