"Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by." ~ 1 Kings 19:11

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." ~ Psalm 46:1

"... Bring my sons from afar, and my daughters from the ends of the earth- everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made. Lead out those who have eyes but are blind, who have ears but are deaf." ~ Isaiah 43: 6-8

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Meaning Behind It All

I have a song that uses those lyrics ^^^ yes, random I know.
Anyway, I'm here to explain the title of my blog aka the meaning behind it.
I really love this whole blogging thing, I just want to type and type and type some more, maybe I'm just strange...

Okay, back on task. My blog is called "Beautifully Broken." Why?
Ever heard the song Broken & Beautiful by Mark Schultz? If you have, great, it's truly a very good song! My blog would be called Broken and Beautiful but that's stealing the title, so it's Beautifully Broken. It implies how all of us are broken. Just look around you, that girl in seventh period with the love for cookies: she's really a terrified victim. That girl every calls a s***, she's really just looking for love she doesn't find at home. That girl who seems to be so strong: she's really falling apart and at her last resort. The mom who voulenteers for everything : A women lost in depression. The lady you passed in the grocery store: a women struggling with her past. That guy in black standing on the corner, some say he's a stoner, but he's really just trying to escape the lies.

Every single one of us is broken. Or we used to be. Of six billion people in this world, around half struggle with depression or thoughts of suicide. I created this blog, since I do not have the means of creating a website. I want with all my heart to create a website devoted to helping those who are struggling. Yes, we have organizations like TWLOHA, and websites like sixbillionsecrets, but TWLOHA supports are few and far between. And sixbillionsecrets is a site where your secret has to be voted on just to be published. No one gets the help they need.

So here I am, I want to start something new, something real, something that will help! I was there, I was broken, suicidal, God saved my life. I don't want Beautifully Broken to shove God down people's throats. No way. I want people to stand up! Step up! Be heros! Those of us who are no longer broken, those of us who know how to over come things, to reach out!

Teen suicide rates have gone up. I know at least two of my best friends have thoughts like that daily, two of three! I strive to be there for my friends, anytime they need it. And I'm not stopping there. I'm going to start this revolution if it takes everything I've got! Starting with this blog, maybe people will join me, maybe they won't, maybe my words will give someone hope, either way I'm doing it. If anyone needs someone to talk to, email me. I will check every single day. Maybe no one will even read this, but it still will not stop me. Because lives can and will be saved, but it takes a hero to change the course of history. That, is the meaning behind this blog.0

2 comments:

  1. I found this site on sixbillionsecrets and I think it's really great that you are doing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kerri, your doing an amazing thing and Im so glad your listening to GOD and helping the lost and the broken:) Keep it up girl:)

    ReplyDelete