"Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by." ~ 1 Kings 19:11

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." ~ Psalm 46:1

"... Bring my sons from afar, and my daughters from the ends of the earth- everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made. Lead out those who have eyes but are blind, who have ears but are deaf." ~ Isaiah 43: 6-8

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Show

Hello! Months ago I created this blog to reach out to the broken, I didn't know that I'd end up one of the broken. But I was. Last night, God reached out to me. My best friend turned her back on me, no one seemed able to help, in a last ditch effort I told one more friend about my depression and struggles. Instead of just saying, "I'm here for you... don't do that... yada yada." He told our youth pastor about my struggles. Our youth pastor's wife called me, and then the pastor called my mom. Today, my mom took me to the counsler I'd went to in sixth grade. She didn't say I needed medicine or to check in to a mental hospital like I was very afraid she would. Instead she noticed that all I needed was : someone to talk to, some support, someone to tell me I didn't always have to be strong, and most of all, I needed to rebuild my connection with God.

I'm going to do that. I'm going to overcome everything. And in that proccess, I'm going to do something I've been saying I'm going to do for almost two years. I'm going to write a manuscript. Not just any manuscript though, I'm going to write a Bible study for struggling teens. Not "troubled teens" but struggling teens. It is going to be called, "The Show."

Why? I've put on a show until this day. I've pretended to be okay, and strong, fine and perfect. It's time to quit the show. Not just for me, but for every hurting person out there who is hiding. Behind the scenes, there could be a lot of things. The Show will be finished by the summer, it may not be published but it's going to be a finished manuscript.


I'm going to be doing a lot of praying, writing, reading, studying, succeeding, counsling, and getting closer to God. I'll post an update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment